Khotang fire destroys house

KHOTANG: Property worth around Rs 700,000 was gutted when a fire broke out in a house in Khotang district, on Monday.

According to police, the fire broke out at Mahesh Gurung's house in Banjechyandanda-2 at around 3 pm yesterday.

The fire sparked from a solar wire and engulfed the house gutting Rs 15,000 cash, gold and other materials inside the house.

No one was inside the house when the incident occurred.

The fire was brought under the control with the help of locals, informed the Chiuridanda Police Post.

The Gurung family have now taken shelter at their relatives' place.