Kathmandu, April 8
Prime Minister KP Sharma Oli today said his state visit to India was successful in making Nepal-India relations harmonious.
Stating that every issue related to Nepal-India relations had been raised during talks with the Indian side, Oli said any pending issue would be solved through constructive dialogue.
During a press conference organised at Tribhuvan International Airport upon his arrival from New Delhi, Oli said he conveyed to the Indian side that the starting point of Nepal’s foreign relations was friendship based on openness, mutual respect, non-interference, mutual benefits, and respect of sovereignty, freedom, legitimate mutual interests and dignity. He added that the Indian side welcomed the way the democratic system had evolved in Nepal.
Oli said both sides would work to ensure swift implementation of bilateral projects that were under way and the agreements that were signed during his visit, including Kathmandu-Raxaul railway, inland waterways giving Nepal access to sea, and partnership in the field of agriculture modernisation.
The Nepali side also raised the issue of the stalled Pancheswor project, and the Indian side expressed commitment to move ahead with the project works at the earliest, according to Oli.
“While I was attending an event at GB Pant University in Uttarakhand, I was told that the Indian government had already issued directives to the authorities concerned in this regard,” he said.
Earlier in the day, Oli was conferred honorary doctorate by GB Pant University of Agriculture and Technology in Uttarakhand.
- PM Oli returns home from India
- PM Oli honoured with Doctor Honoris Causa in Uttarakhand
- Oli meets Indian Veep Naidu, Home Minister Singh
- PM Oli and his Indian counterpart Modi lay foundation of petroleum pipeline project
- PM Oli meets Indian President Ram Nath Kovind
- PM Oli, PM Modi hold delegation level talks, address press meet
- PM Oli pays tribute to Mahatma Gandhi
- PM Oli urges Indian business community to invest in Nepal
- PM Oli to meet with Indian President, PM today
- Oli, Modi talk Nepal-India cooperation
- PM Oli meets INC President Gandhi, former Indian PM Manmohan Singh
- Our motto is Prosperous Nepal, Happy Nepali: Oli at India-Nepal Business Forum
- Indian Minister for Home Affairs Rajnath Singh receives PM Oli at IGI Airport
- PM leaves for India on a three-day state visit