One dead, two hurt as fire erupts from LPG cylinder in Kanchanpur

DHANGADHI: A person was killed and two others were injured in a fire that erupted from leakage in a liquefied petroleum gas (LPG) cylinder, in Punarbas Municipality-4 of Kanchanpur district, on Wednesday.

The deceased has been identified as local resident Shanti Poudel and the injured as her husband Netra Prasad Poudel, and Dhana Bahadur Thapa of Punarbas-6.

According to Inspector Krishna Nanda Bhatta at Kanchanpur District Police Office, the fire started from the leakage in the LPG cylinder while Shanti was cooking in the kitchen, yesterday morning. Shanti's husband and Thapa were injured when they reached the kitchen to douse the fire.

Critically injured Shanti died during the course of treatment at Seti Zonal Hospital while her husband who burnt both his feet, is undergoing treatment at the hospital, police informed.

Likewise, Thapa who was hurt in his feet has been receiving treatment Dhangadhi-based polyclinic, Inspector Bhatta informed.

It has been learnt that the kitchen was completely damaged in the blaze.