One electrocuted during lightning in Tanahun
DAMAULI: A persons was electrocuted in Bandipur of Tanahun district on Thursday evening.
Six others sustained severe injuries after they received electric shocks in Phalamdanda of Bandipur Muncipality-7 yesterday.
Local Deepak Gurung (23) breathed his last while receiving treatment at the Bandipur Hospital, informed Raj Kumar Basnet, In-charge of Bandipur Police Post.
Seriously injured Bimaya Gurung (39), Tuni maya Gurung (16), Budhhi Gurung (18), Karan Gurung (23) and Arati Shrestha (23) are referred to Pokhara for treatment.
According to Basnet, the incident occurred when all of them were having their snacks at Bimaya’s house. Electric waves had flown onto the land after the metre box fell off in a lightning incident, according to police.
Body of Gurung was kept at Bandipur Hospital for autopsy.