Two Indian women scale the peak, first Indian women to do so
KATHMANDU, OCTOBER 01
Pasang Lhamu Sherpa and Purnima Shrestha have become the first two women to successfully climb Mt Dhaulagiri (8167 m).
Sherpa belonged to Pioneer Adventure Treks team while Shrestha made the ascent representing Seven Summit Treks.
Likewise, two Indian women became the first women climbers from their country to scale the peak, according to Expedition organisers
Chairman at Pioneer Adventure Treks Pasang Sherpa shared that Baljeet Kaur and Piyali Basak today a scaled Dhaulagiri I becoming the first Indian women on the summit of world's seventh highest mountain.
Under the Pioneer Dhaulagiri Expedition 2021, the three women along with other climbers stood atop the mountain, he added.
The name of summiteers are as follows:
1. Piyali Basak, India (First Indian Womn to climb without Oxygen)
2. Baljeet Kaur, India (First Indian Woman to climb Dhaulagiri)
3. Mr. Palkesh, India
4. Sanu Sherpa, Nepal (leader of rope fixing team)
5. Pasang Lhamu Sherpa, Nepal (First Nepali Women to climb Dhaulagiri)
5. Pema Tshering Sherpa, Nepal
6. Danuru Sherpa, Nepal
7. Pemba Nurbu Sherpa, Nepal
It is 11th peak for the double 14 8000m peak for Sanu Sherpa.
The next team from the expedition is expected reach the summit soon as well.
Meanwhile, Chairman at Seven Summit Treks Mingma Sherpa also shared that "SST-Dhaulagiri I Expd. 2021 Autumn" made successful ascent of Mt. Dhaulagiri (8167m) this morning.
1. NIMA TENDI SHERPA (Fixing Team)- Nepal
2. TASHI SHERPA (Fixing Team)- Nepal
3. TENJING SHERPA (Fixing Team)- Nepal
4. CHO CHEOL HEE- South Korea
5. HE JING- China
6. VIRIDIANA ALVAREZ CHAVEZ- Mexico
7. SOPHIE LAVAUD- China
8. NAOKO WATANABE- Japan
9. MATTEO BONALUMI- Italy
10. SIRBAZ KHAN- Pakistan
11. LAKPA DENDI SHERPA (Fixing Team)- Nepal
12. PURNIMA SHRESTHA - Nepal
13. LHAKPA TEMBA SHERPA- Nepal
14. DAWA SANGAY SHERPA- Nepal
15. PASTEMBA SHERPA- Nepal
16. PECHHUMBE SHERPA- Nepal
17. PASANG RINZEE SHERPA- Nepal
18. MARCO CAMANDONA - Italy
19. PIETRO PICCO -Italy
20. TIM BOGDANOV- Sweden
21. WALDEMAR DOMINIK KOW