Poisonous mushroom death toll 4

DANG: One more person died of consuming poisonous mushroom on Friday night, taking the death toll to four within the past two days.

The deceased has been identified as 60-year-old Dhan Bahadur Pun of Siddhedhara of Tulsipur Municipality-7.

Earlier on Friday, three people, who were ill after consuming venomous wild mushroom a week ago died while undergoing treatment. All the deceased are the members of a family. Two others of the family - Shova Ram Pun (13) and 21-year-old girl - also fell ill and are being treated at Kohalpur in Banke. According to the hospital source, the condition of Shova Ram is critical. On July 11, they had brought poisonous mushroom from a nearby forest and consume it.