Property worth Rs 8 lakh gutted in Damak house fire

JHAPA: Property worth around Rs 800,000 turned into ashes after a house engulfed in flames in Damak of Jhapa district in the wee hours of Thursday.

A single-storey house belonging to local Bhes Raj Ghimire was completely destroyed in the fire that sparked due to an electrical short circuit at around 1:20 am today, according to the Jhapa District Police Office.

Police with the help of locals and a fire brigade doused the fire at around 2:25 am today.