RAUTAHAT: A girl died after a snake bit her at Pipra Bhagawanpur VDC in Rautahat on Thursday. The deceased has been identified as Babita Kumari Yadav, 11, of the VDC. It is said that a poisonous snake bit her while the minor was cleaning the house on Thursday morning. Police said Babita died in the course of treatment at District Hospital, Gaur. Sources at the hospital said that the snake-bite patients were increasing after it started getting excessively hot. Hospital sources further added that, as many as seven to ten snakebite patients visit the hospital daily for treatment.

One electrocuted

BHOJPUR: A staff of Nepal Electricity Authority Distribution Branch Dhankuta died after he was electrocuted at Ankhishalla VDC in Dhankuta on Wednesday afternoon. The deceased has been identified as Charchil Rai, 32, of the VDC. The incident occurred while Rai was collecting electric wire in a cardamom field. Rai died on the spot, said eastern Regional Police Office, Biratnagar.

Pangolin found

JHAPA: Pangolin, a rare species, was found on the banks of Mechikhola River in Mechinagar of Jhapa on Thursday afternoon.  According to Haleshwor Rajbansi, a local, he saw the rare species while he was collecting mushroom along the river. “First I felt like it was a snake, but it was pangolin,” he said. The locals informed police about the find when Rajbansi brought the animal to his house for meat. The animal weighed 4.2 kg and it has been handed over to District Forest Office.

Accident claims boy

BHOJPUR: A minor was killed after he was hit by the rear of a tractor in the inner road section of Maunabudhuk VDC in Dhankuta on Wednesday evening. The four-wheeler, which was en route to Rajarani from Maunabudhuk, hit Binod Magar, 11, on Wednesday evening. The accident occurred while the minor was climbing into the tractor. He died at the local health facility.