Three die after consuming wild mushroom in Panchthar

PANCHTHAR: Three persons died after consuming poisonous wild mushrooms in Panchthar district on Saturday.

Chandra Maya Mabo's 11-year-old daughter Alija, the resident of Tharpu-6, Panchthar died while undergoing treatment at the Panchthar District Hospital.

The victim's three other siblings - 16-year-old brother Pushpa, nine-year-old sister Sulochana and six-year-old brother Prashant – were also taken ill and are undergoing treatment at the same hospital.

The children had consumed wild mushrooms which the mother had brought from a nearby forest at Tharpu-6 in the district, local people said.

In another case, two others also died after consuming wild mushrooms in the district.

They have been identified as Kabita Manglak (13) of Angna-1 and Padma Maya Manglak (45).

The duo died while undergoing treatment at Lifeline Hospital in Damak of Jhapa, police said.

Soni (26) from the same hospital had breathed her last while undergoing treatment on Thursday.

Meanwhile, four others of the district are undergoing treatment at Amda Hospital in Damak. Those taken ill have been identified as Devi Kumar Lawati of Kurumba- 4, his wife Kalpana Lawati (44) and their sons Rajendra and Dipesh.