Woman burnt to death in Tanahun
Damauli, December 25
A woman who was fed up with her husband’s drinking habit and threatened to set fire to the house died after the fire meant to frighten her husband into quitting alcohol burnt her to death, in Myagde Rural Municipality, Tanahun, last evening.
According to Tanahun District Police Office, Nilu Ramdam, 37, of Pasale, Myagde died after she was burnt by a fire she had ignited by piling up clothes. “Just as her husband, as usual, came home reeking of alcohol in the evening, she piled up her clothes inside a room, sprinkled kerosene on them and lit them up, saying she would burn down the house. But the fire meant to scare the husband spread in the room and burned her,” said SI Manoj Pande of the Crime Investigation Section of the DPO, quoting a neighbour.
The woman’s husband Mukti Ramdam, who tried to save his wife, has been injured.
“The locals somehow rescued the husband and the wife from the burning room and rushed them to Pokhara-based Gandaki Hospital before informing us about the incident. The wife then died at the hospital in the course of treatment at night,” said SI Pande, citing the hospital source which informed that most of the woman’s body was burnt.
Further, Pande informed that the injured husband is undergoing treatment at the hospital now. “The husband is out of danger now. As for the incident, we’re interrogating the husband and neighbours,” he said.