Ancelotti rules out further signings
LONDON:Chelsea coach Carlo Ancelotti has ruled out the possibility of making any more major signings during the remainder of the transfer window.
Ancelotti - who is currently preparing his side for the Community Shield with Manchester United on Sunday - has been linked with a 100 million pounds (120 million euros) triple swoop for Franck Ribery, Sergio Aguero and Andrea Pirlo.
So far the only new faces to arrive at Stamford Bridge this summer have been midfielder Yuri Zhirkov from CSKA Moscow, young former Manchester City striker Daniel Sturridge and the free transfer capture of keeper Ross Turnbull from Middlesbrough.
But Ancelotti insists he is happy with his current squad and has ruled out the arrival of a big-name, marquee' signing this summer.
The manager said: "Now we will stay with these players. I don't want to bring in other players because I think the squad is very competitive in Chelsea.
"We don't need to bring in any other players."
Ancelotti has also denied Deco and Ricardo Carvalho are destined for a reunion with former Blues manager Jose Mourinho at Inter Milan, claiming instead that both players will play a key role in Chelsea's coming campaign.
He said: "We have never talked about selling Carvalho and Deco.
"They are important players for Chelsea because Carvalho is a very intelligent defender, and Deco has great quality and the team needs players of that quality. They will stay in Chelsea this season.
And he added: "At the moment we don't have the plan to sell any of the players but if one player isn't happy, he has to say to us, but now at the moment no player has asked to go."
Ancelotti acknowledges the clash with United will present a great opportunity for Chelsea to strike an early blow in their bid to prevent Sir Alex Ferguson's side claiming a fourth successive Premier League title.
Ferguson has made it clear he sees Ancelotti's side as United's main rivals this season despite the London club finishing third behind Liverpool last season.
And while the Chelsea manager responded by denying the championship battle is already shaping up to be a two-horse race, he knows that a victory at Wembley will lay down a timely marker before the league programme kicks-off next weekend.
He maintains United will not be weakened by the departure of Cristiano Ronaldo to Real Madrid.
Ancelotti said: "There are also other teams who can win the title, Arsenal, Manchester United, Liverpool Chelsea, Manchester City. To win in England isn't easy because it is so competitive.
"It has been a good pre-season, no injuries, worked hard, very good mental attitude. Now we are ready to start against Manchester United which will be a difficult match.
"I don't feel more relaxed about the game because Ronaldo won't be there. United is a great team with very good players even without Ronaldo. This is a different game.
"It's not a friendly game, it's an important game for us. We are playing a great team, they played in the Champions League final last year and we have respect for this team. Now we want to show our quality on the pitch."
Ancelotti will have the luxury of being able to field almost a full strength team with only Zhirkov rated doubtful with a knee injury. "Zhirkov now is the only player who has a bit of a problem,2 said the former AC Milan coach.
"He didn't train the last days and I don't know if he can play Sunday.
"He has a little problem with his knee. Has to stay out of training today and maybe can try to train tomorrow."