Stephen Binong scored the solitary goal as Kathmandu RayZrs defeated Butwal Lumbini Football Club 1-0 in the Khukri Nepal Super League here at the Dasharath Stadium today.

Binong found the back of the nets in the fifth minute and the goal was enough for Kathmandu to stop Butwal Lumbini from going to the top of the table. Binong opened the scoring after he beat slotted home past advancing Butwal Lumbini goalkeeper Bishal Shrestha following a long pass from Tej Tamang.

Butwal Lumbini missed a chance to take lead and remained fourth on five points. After four rounds, three teams are tied on seven points at the top with Biratnagar City FC leading the seven-team table on better goal difference (plus-four).

Dhangadhi FC are second with plus-three, while Kathmandu are third with minus-one goal difference.

Pokhara Thunders are behind Butwal Lumbini on inferior goal difference after being tied on five points, while Lalitpur City FC

(three) and FC Chitwan are sixth and seventh respectively.

Top four teams will make it to the playoffs and first and second places sides will contest in first qualifier, while the third and fourth teams will play the eliminator.

The winners of the eliminator will play against the losing side of the first qualifier to decide the second finalists.

The winners will be richer by Rs 3.5 million, while the runners-up will earn Rs 1.5 million.

On Tuesday, Kathmandu missed an early chance in the fourth minute when Butwal Lumbini custodian Bishal Shrestha made a goalline clearance to deny Binong on a cross from Tej Tamang but the RayZrs took the lead next minute after the same duo combined to open the scoring despite Butwal Lumbini defender Man Bahadur Pariyar making a desperate attempt to save the ball.

Butwal Lumbini earned a spot kick in the sixth minute after Bishwas Shrestha felled Suman Lama inside the box but William Opoku Asiedu failed to utilise the penalty, thanks to Kathmandu goalkeeper Bikesh Kuthu's heroics in saving the ball. Butwal Lumbini goalkeeper Bishal Shrestha denied Messouke E Oloumou in the 13th minute, while Kathmandu's Tshiring Gurung wasted an opportunity five minutes later.

Kathmandu came close to doubling the lead in the first half injury time but Ashish Rai struck against the cross bar after being fed by Sudil Rai just outside the box. Butwal Lumbini goalkeeper Bishal Shrestha made a brilliant save to deny Bishwas Shrestha in the 53rd minute, while Ashish Lama missed a chance to level the scores after he shot over the bar in the 64th minute.

Kathmandu RayZrs marquee player Bikesh Kuthu was named the man of the match and he earned Rs 25,000, while his teammate Sudil Rai received the emerging player's award along with Rs 10,000. On Wednesday, Dhangadhi FC will play against Pokhara Thunders in the first match of the fifth round.