Obama, Clintons, pope to attend Peres funeral
JERUSALEM: Israel's Foreign Ministry says a long list of world leaders will attend Shimon Peres' funeral on Friday.
Spokesman Emmanuel Nahshon said Wednesday that President Obama, Bill and Hillary Clinton, Pope Francis, Prince Charles and Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau are all expected.
He says many other VIPs are expected to attend.
Peres, a Nobel peace laureate was a respected statesman and a frequent participant at international conferences.
The following world figures will attend Shimon Peres' funeral in Jerusalem on Friday, according to Israel's Foreign Ministry:
- US President Barack Obama
- Former US President Bill Clinton and Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton
- Pope Francis
- US Secretary of State John Kerry
- Britain's Prince Charles
- Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau
- French President Francois Hollande
- German President Joachim Gauck
- Mexican President Enrique Pena Nieto
- Australian Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull