Sul food: Light and fresh
Apples, grapes and oranges give this quick and fresh fruit salad recipe the best of summer taste. Top it off with a lemony yogurt dressing and you have the perfect light lunch and fresh snack idea for both children and adults.
• 1 large apple sliced thinly (squeeze lemon juice over slices to prevent discolouring)
• 1 cup grapes (slice each grape in half)
• 1 large orange, peeled, sectioned and cut into chunks
• 1/2 cup sliced almonds
• 1 to 1-1/2 cups lemon yoghurt
• 1/4 to 1/2 tsp (or to taste) ground nutmeg
(You could use other fruits like mangoes, strawberries, watermelons, kiwi fruit and other seasonal fruits.)
• In a bowl, combine the fruit with the yogurt and toss well.
• Divide the fruit among two salad bowls.
• Sprinkle the almonds on top of each fruit salad.
• Dust with the nutmeg and serve chilled.