Property gutted in Bhaktapur fire

KATHMANDU: Property worth Rs 80,000 turned into ashes after a hut caught fire at Bansbari of Changunarayan Municipaity-3 of Bhaktapur district on Saturday.

The zinc hut of Nawaraj Khadka caught fire and destroyed furniture and other materials inside it, police said.

The fire was sparked by an incense used during a prayer at Khadka's hut in the evening.

Police with the help of locals had controlled the fire.

Further investigation is underway, informed police.