KATHMANDU: A 10-year-old boy from Bhanu Municipality-5, Tanahun was electrocuted after he touched a power pole on Saturday.

The deceased, Subash Bista came into contact with a live electricity pole while playing and suffered a fatal electric shock.

“Due to downpour, the power lines may have hit a glitch with electricity flowing through the poles leading to this fateful incident,” a police official said.

According to police, Bista’s body has been taken to Damauli Hospital for an autopsy while law enforcement officers have initiated an investigation into the matter.

The Nepal Electricity Authority (NEA) has time and again faced public backlash following incidents of electrocution arising out of NEA's failure to maintain and replace faulty power poles.

READ:

Nepal Electricity Authority, driver blamed for Sabaila accident