12 taken ill after consuming toxic mushroom in Bhojpur

BHOJPUR: At least 12 persons have fallen sick after consuming wild mushroom in Malbase of Bhojpur Municipality on Thursday.

Police said that Santosh Tamang, Dipen Tamang, Mahendra Tamang, Sapan Tamang, Biren Tamang, Ram Tamang of Panchthar, Santosh Adhikari, Tara Magar, Kamal Tamang of Ilam, Abin Limbu of Tehrathum, Nagen Paudel of Manebhanjyang, Bhojpur and Tsering Tamang of Dinglika were taken ill after they ate curry of the toxic mushroom brought from a nearby jungle.

They are receiving treatment at the District Hospital, police said.

It has been learned that they started feeling dizziness immediately after consuming mushroom.