HETAUNDA: Property worth around Rs 10 million was reduced to ashes when a fire broke out at a hardware shop in Mainroad of Hetaunda-10 on Thursday morning.

The fire that broke out at the Gautam Hardware at around 6 am today was taken under control at around 8 am.

The fire was doused with the help of locals, personnel from Nepal Police and Nepal Army backed by fire engines, the District Police Office, Makwanpur informed.

According to Dhirendra Shakya, operator of the hardware, colours, ply boards, a store room and a motorbike were destroyed in the flame.

Police suspected that the incident might have occurred due to electric short circuit.

Police said that they are looking into the case.