Fire guts property worth Rs 200,000 in Morang

BHOJPUR: Property worth around Rs 200,000 was reduced to rubble when a fire broke out at a thatched house in Amardaha-1 of Morang district on Tuesday.

According to police, the house belonging to Maansari Sharma was engulfed in the fire.

The caused behind the fire was electric short circuit.

The incident occurred at around 6pm yesterday.

The house was completely destroyed in the fire, the Eastern Regional Police Office, Biratnagar said.

The fire was taken under control with the help of a police team deployed from the Amardahi Police Station and locals, the Area Police Office, Duhabi informed.