Makawanpur septuagenarian electrocuted

HETAUNDA: A septuagenarian died after he fell onto a high-voltage electrical wire in Handikhola of Makawanpur district on Saturday night.

Sher Bahadur Ghalan (73) from Mill Danda, Handikhola-6, had fallen onto the wire snapped from a pole recently.

He had died on the spot, according to the District Police Office.

The victim's son who had tried to save his father from the electrocution also sustained minor injuries.

Meanwhile, locals claimed the Nepal Electricity Authority did not heed their complaints about the snapped wires on the road.

The victim's son Somlal blamed the telecom company, Ncell also, for its negligence in managing the wires it connected for its tower.