Property worth Rs 250,000 gutted in fire at Udayapur poultry farm
UDAYAPUR: Property worth around Rs 250,000 was destroyed when a fire broke out at a poultry farm in Triyuga Municipality-6 of Udayapur district, on Wednesday.
According to police, the chicken farm that caught fire belonged to Bishnu Rajdhami.
The fire broke out due to an electric short circuit at 3 pm yesterday, police added.
Though some fowls were evacuated from the burning farm, the farm house was completely destroyed, said Mohan Rajdhami, a local resident.
Villagers jointly managed to put out the fire, Rajdhami added.