Kathmandu, July 28:

The central office of the National Human Human Rights Commission (NHRC) received 43 complaints of human rights violations between June 27 and July 28 from the central region alone, said Yagya Adhikari, chief of the protection division of the NHRC.

Citing its data, the NHRC said killing of two individuals by the Maoists and one by security forces had been reported to the commission during the ceasefire period.

Pointing at the complaints about rights violations by the government and the Maoists even during the ceasefire period, the commission urged the government and the Maoists to immediately put an end to rights violations and bring the guilty to the book.

Out of 43 complaints, six are cases of disappearance while six are cases of abduction by the Maoists. The commission also received four complaints about the internally displaced people.

“The government and the Maoists should be accountable to human rights violations during the ceasefire and they should bring the guilty to the book,” said Adhikari.