KATHMANDU, MAY 10
A team of fixing Sherpas reached the summit of Mt Lhotse (8,516 meters) this evening at 6:45 pm.
The six climbing Sherpas from Seven Summit Treks (SST) under the management of Expedition Operators of Nepal (EOA) have reached the top of Mount Lhotse, becoming the first climbers of the season to conquer the world's fourth-highest peak.
They fixed the ropes to the summit point, SST Chairman Mingma Sherpa informed.
Name list of Fixing Team:
1) Tenjing Sherpa - Makalu-1
2) Phurtenje Sherpa -Makalu 2
3) Ngima Tashi Sherpa -Thame-5
4) Fura Tshering Sherpa - Thame-5
5) Tenging Gyaljen Sherpa - Phortse -4
6) Furba kusang Sherpa- Makalu -2
The same team of Sherpas had fixed the rope to the summit of Lhotse within 3 days after fixing to the top of Mount Everest on May 7.