Birgunj: A woman and her son died after they received electric shock at Ramtole of Birgunj Sub metropolis in Birgunj on Thursday night. Sunita Sultaniya, 45, and her son Harshit, 17, died on the spot after they were electrocuted from high tension power cable.
District Police Office Parsa said mother and son came in contact with 11,000-voltage current while they were trying to drain out the water from the house rooftop.
Sunita’s husband Shrawan said the metal rod Harshit used to drain out the water had touched the high-tension cable and while she went to rescue son Sunita too was electrocuted. Their bodies have been kept at Birgunj-based Narayani Sub regional Hospital for post-mortem.