Woman electrocuted in Bhojpur

BHOJPUR: A woman was electrocuted while she was cooking food in Bhojpur Municipality-5 of Bhojpur district on Monday.

The deceased has been identified as 53-year-old local resident Dil Kumari Tamang.

Tamang was preparing food in a rice cooker device when suddenly the wires short-circuited electrocuting her at around 4:00 pm, according to the District Police Office, Bhojpur.

Likewise in a separate incident, Bibraj Rai (15) was injured after getting an electric shock in Homtang of Hatuwagadhi Rural Municipality-6 in the Bhojpur.

Rai, the local resident was returning home from school when he came into contact with an uninsulated electric wire, said the Biratnagar-based Police Office.

Rai was rushed to the Ghoretar-based Primary Health Centre where he has been undergoing treatment, informed police.

Meanwhile, local police are investigating further into both cases.