Communication Ministry's Thursday briefing cancelled after Minister's resignation
KATHMANDU: Communication and Information Tenchnology Ministry's weekly media briefing has been cancelled following Minister Gokul Prasad Baskota's resignation amid bargaining-audio-tape controversy.
Spokesperson of the Ministry, Rishiram Tiwari informed that the Thursday meeting has been cancelled in the wake of Minister Baskota's resignation.
Earlier, Baskota had taken to social media to announce his resignation. Likewise, Speaker of the House of Representatives Agni Prasad Sapkota had apprised the House of Communication Minister's resignation.
- Minister Baskota lands in controversy after ‘bargaining for commission’ audio-clip leaks
- Opposition parties demand action against Communication Minister
- Halt procurement of security printing press: PAC members
- Communication Minister Baskota resigns
- Minister Baskota takes to social media to announce resignation