Nepal | June 25, 2019

Over 3,500 families receive housing grant

Himalayan News Service

A quake victim standing outside her temporary shelter in Kalinchowk, Dolakha, on Friday, December 22, 2017. Photo: THT

Dolakha, December 22

As many as 3,566 earthquake-affected families have received all three instalments of the government-provided housing grant in Dolakha.

District Treasury Controller Office, Dolakha, made the data public in Charikot, today. Similarly, a total of 55,081 families have so far received the first instalment, while 14,807 households have got the second trance of the grant.

National Reconstruction Authority’s Dolakha Coordination Committee Secretariat chief Sagar Acharya claimed that around 17,000 families had completed the construction of their houses. He warned that action would be taken against those who did not build their houses even after receiving the money. He further said NRA had accelerated reconstruction works.

A total of 12,000 families had filed complaints with the NRA three months ago after they were excluded from the list of beneficiaries as quake victims. Their complaints are yet to be addressed. Locals accused the NRA of not paying attention to resolve the problem.

Acharya said they would soon assess whether the complainants were eligible for the grant.

 


A version of this article appears in print on December 23, 2017 of The Himalayan Times.


Follow The Himalayan Times on Twitter and Facebook

Recommended Stories: