Grant agreement signing resumes for reconstruction of damaged houses
Kavre, June 23
The signing of agreement to receive the government-allocated grant amount meant for the reconstruction of houses that were damaged in last year’s devastating earthquake has resumed in Kavre.
The signing of agreement to receive the government-allocated grant amount of Rs 200,000 had been halted for the past one-and-a-half month owing to the allegation that a large number of genuine quake victims were excluded from the victims’ list.
National Reconstruction Sub-regional Office, Dhulikhel, informed that the agreement signing process had been halted due to some technical error.
Section Officer at the sub-regional office Chanchal Kumar Khadka said the agreement signing had been halted in a few VDCs as the victims failed to meet some official procedures.
The authority has resumed the agreement signing in Bhimkhori, Walting, Mechchhe, Bekhsimle, Katunjebesi, Shankhupatichour, Patalekhet, Boldefediche, Jaisithok and Dandagaun, among other VDCs, in the first phase.
Though the authority started to collect the victims’ records from May 10, some quake-affected people had obstructed the process with the help of political influence, saying that a large number of victims were excluded from the list.
“Though as many as 700 victims of Rabiopi VDC signed the agreement paper one-and-a-half-months ago, they have not obtained their first instalment of Rs 50,000 as yet,” said sources.
The authority has so far made public the name lists of five municipalities and 75 VDCs. It has received as many as 2,215 complaints so far.
According to District Statistics Office Kavre, as many as 2,079 structures were damaged in the devastating earthquake, 318 persons lost their lives and 50,270 houses were completely destroyed in the district.